The Refining Operations Coordinator is in the Middle Office & Commercial Operations department and supports all day-to-day key operational needs related to Refined Precious Metals Recycling Operations, including vendor and customer contract management, trade-related operations, and risk management. This includes the coordination of shipments from customers and to the refinery, invoice validation, organization and execution of sales and purchase contracts, coordination with accounting and receiving departments, and collaboration with partner entities, as necessary.
Responsibilities & Expectations
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Responsible for meeting all deliverables for MTB’s recycling operations, including:
- Ensuring strict adherence to all client and supplier contractual requirements.
- Planning and facilitating the transportation of raw materials utilizing rail, truck, and vessel services including ensuring compliance with all customs-related requirements.
- Generating and verifying invoices for contract settlements including trade AR and AP.
- Organizing and maintaining purchase and sale contracts and related shipment files.
- Resolving issues and ensuring clear and effective communication between clients, third-party vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring optimal communication with management, as necessary.
- Documenting client-related communication in the CRM.
- Assist in managing relationships, performance, and integration with all the Group entities functions: Treasury, logistics, Accounting, and Back Office departments, and other related partners. Ensure client and internal requirements are being met.
- Assist in maintaining targeted performance goals for the recycling and refining departments.
- Proactively identify customer-focused solutions to report back to refining department supervisors.
- Manage relationships, accounts, and risk mitigation measures with MTBs partners for material processing.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent education.
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience working in a fast-paced physical trading and metals merchanting environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of commodities operations, including metals, risk management, logistics, and business operations and procedures.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus
- Ability to communicate with a high level of tact and diplomacy, both verbally and in writing to all customers, vendors, and departmental supervisors.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform independently and prioritize multiple complex tasks with a high level of self-motivation.
- Organized, and detail-oriented.
- US citizen or holder of a valid work permit.