The New York-based Credit Risk Analyst will interact daily with the front and middle office and ensure communication occurs between the Group’s London-based Risk Management organization, as well as local management.
The Credit Analyst will be engaged in the daily monitoring & maintenance of MTB’s credit risk limit and exposures, monitoring and analyzing transaction flows, and ensuring the credit risk environment is maintained. The Credit Risk Analyst will also be preparing the files for the Credit Committee for MTB and be an active member of the group and present recommendations.
Besides the functions within MTB, the Analyst will also support the GROUP Risk Management in other relevant risk areas and functions.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Monitor daily MTB’s credit risk limits and utilization, action and follow-up on any breaches/issues with the front office and customers
- Preform transactional and process analysis that ensures adherence to the GROUP’s risk control environment
- Prepare the files for the Credit Committee Meeting for MTB (onboarding, amendments/requests, and reviews) inclusive of financial assessment of counterparties.
- Actively participate in the meetings as secretary and ensure adequate follow-ups and timely decision making, inclusive of Chairing the Committee when called upon
- Prepare periodical reports on MTB’s credit risk portfolio and exposure on the standalone entity (MTB), as well as for the GROUP’s credit risk reporting package
- Contribute to further IT developments and improvements, to further strengthen and automate key risk control
- Assist with all MTB-related risk areas (integrity, credit releases, etc) when required
- Support the GROUP Risk Management on other relevant risk areas and contribute to the ongoing projects to further solidify the Risk Environment
Education & experience
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent level of education in Finance, Business or Management
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the financial sector or the commodity sector
- Must have extensive working knowledge of commodities operations, including metals, risk management, and business operations and procedures
- Knowledge of Commodity Trading Risk Management Systems (Endur/Findur strongly preferred).
Skills and competences
The minimum requirements to perform this job are, including any physical requirements:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform independently and prioritize multiple complex tasks with a high level of self-motivation with an ability to be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to show initiative, work independently, and make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate with the highest level of tact and diplomacy, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of staff and executive management
- Must be a strategic self-starter, and forward thinker with the ability to speak out and ask questions
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment
- Must strive to continually improve and enhance the controls around the Risk Environment through automation, IT enhancements & generalized reporting
- Excellent excel competencies
- US citizen or holder of a valid work permit in the US